Working group 2: Epidemiology and vector ecology
WG2 members (pdf file, please click to download)
Tasks of Working Group 2 "Epidemiology and Vector Ecology"
1. Establish tools to identify vector species,
2. Monitor the presence of phytoplasma diseases and their putative vectors in defined regions throughout Europe,
3. Provide data about the infectivity of vector species towards the establishment of a risk assessment system,
4. Monitor differences in vector populations to verify correlations between vector populations and efficiencies in disease spread, and
5. Establish the importance of different means of disease spread, such as seed transmission and transmission by root bridges.
Download table "Summary of research achievements on
seed/tuber transmission and root bridges" (pdf file)
Working group subpages:
Short course on insect molecular taxonomy (Ivrea and Grugliasco , 5 - 9 November 2012)
Download: Program Minutes Proceedings
Minutes training school for molecular identification of psyllid vectors Montpellier 2012
Teaching Session: "Molecular Tools to Identify Psyllid Species that Vector Phytoplasmas: Practical and Conceptual Overview", 01/10/2012 and 5/10/2012 , Montpellier, France.
‘Phytoplasma diseases and vectors in Europe and surroundings
Identification key for the Central European Cacopsylla species
Psyllid training school held at AlPlanta, Neustadt/Germany, April 19th - April 23rd 2010
Grapevine Yellows Vector Sampling and Monitoring Training School, Bernkastel-Kues, Germany, 5th to 9th of July, 2010
Download: Minutes Proceedings
|Home - Objectives - Working Groups - Symptom images - Insect Vectors - Meetings - News - Publications - STSM - Links - Contact - Search|